2020 MUAHS Guild Awards
REQUIRED FOR FINAL NOMINEES ONLY.
Deadline for Video Submission: November 22, 2019 (5:00 PST
Congratulations on your nomination It’s a great honor and we hope you’re enjoying the fun. The next step is to submit a MINIMUM 3 to MAXIMUM 5 Minute Video showcasing your work. All 2020 video submissions of nominated artists/awards will be accessible via Vimeo for authorized voting members to review. Links to the 2020 Awards Video Library will be provided at the time of final voting.
Please follow the video submission guidelines and upload instructions below.
- Clips shall be a minimum of 3 minutes to a maximum of 5 minutes. HD. ie 2K resolution is requested
- Any clip more than 5:00 minutes will beedited. You may use a shorter time- down to a MINIMUM of 3 MINUTES.
- Content must be edited ONLY from theoriginal production submitted for an award. Excerpts from the production must be presented exactly as they appeared in the final release version of the film, television, commercial or theatrical presentation and should focus only on the make-up and hair styling achievements under consideration. If an episode was submitted, please only show the work of that episode.
- NO Additional music should be added to the soundtrack.
- NO additional editorial blending is allowed.
- NO EPK, no “B” roll.
- NO interviews or additional footage
- Video file. size is important; please keep it under 2GB for a 5 minute clip. Larger files will beedited.
All videos must be Downloadable from the internet you can upload them to any file sharing service, i.e google, icloud, dropbox, vimeo, etc. We can also provide you a private shared folder for you in our Dropbox account.
We must be able to add a copy of your video into our Vimeo account; linking will not be accepted.
Please locate and use the Production Number and project title for your entry in the below list. i.e. 110 – “Your Title”. Please be sure to reference this Production Number and project number in your video email subject line. This is important because it keeps all the videos and categories in the correct order on the ballot. The number before your entry is your official Ballot ID for that category/award.
If you have been nominated for multiple awards but only have one video please make a copy of the video with the correct Ballot ID number and – “Title” from the below list of entries that has been nominated. Please use the correct names and ID Numbers.
- We use Vimeohttps://vimeo.com ;and upload videos at HD resolution when possible. If you upload to your own Vimeo account,make sure to set “sharing” as “private” and invite firstname.lastname@example.org to have permission to download. Note: In your privacy settings What can people do with this video?” Check “Download it.” This is very important.
- We also have a Dropbox service where you can upload your videos. Please request the email@example.com and we will send you the “upload” link. Videos uploaded this way go directly into Vimeo.
- It is the responsibility of the nominee to correctly identify the video submission.
- Emails without correct identification (Ballot ID and Production Title) create confusion and may be returned for clarification.
- Please provide your video promptly. We need time to upload your video on the website in time for final voting, and all video’s must be vetted for correct formatting.
If it is discovered that submission information is incomplete, we will attempt to return it to you for correct completion. However, Local 706 assumes no responsibility for incorrectly submitted videos becoming eliminated due to delays.
Make no reference to the individuals-names, facilities or production companies associated with the work for submission.
Do NOT superimpose logos, lower thirds or bugs on the work to be judged.
The piece should appear exactly as aired.
Video reels must be submitted by Friday, November 22, 2019 AT THE LATEST!!!